Sweet, sour, pretty and brash… all at the same time it’s the best way to describe Toowoomba-based artist CLOE TERARE.
Coming out late in 2021 with only her third single ‘Scotty (Beam Me Up)’, a genre bouncing pop number that grabbed the attention of Triple J Unearthed, Spotify and landed in TikToks ‘Emerging Artist’ playlist.
‘Scotty (Beam Me Up)’ laid the groundwork for the CLOEs’ next release ‘Take The Crown’, which came out hammering. The halloween inspired, trap record had its ‘First Play’ on Triple J Unearthed before going onto sit pretty on four Spotify, two Apple Music playlist, as well as earning itself a spin on The New Australia w/Briggs and wetting the appetite of JJJ Unearthed Presenter Claire Mooney who said of her EP title ‘Burn Book 2018-2021’ when she heard it, ‘This EP title alone feels iconic’.
In January 2022 CLOE uploaded ‘Cadillac’ to Unearthed, a country inspired bop written about her grandfather’s Cadillac. The track was instantly picked up by JJJ and received a full ad 3 weeks after first being uploaded. To add to CLOE’s new year celebrations, she went on to be Triple J’s Unearthed Feature Artists as well as as the first Feature Artist on The Music.com for 2022.
It’s been a hell of a start to 2022 and CLOE’s only just winding up with new music just around the corner, what she’s going to throw at us next!!
– Cadillac added to JJJ
– Unearthed Feature Artist
– Feature Artist on The Music
– Spotify support (NMF, Front Left, The Local List, The Hybrid, Summer Chillout, Radar AU & NZ, Just Chill)
– Spotify Fresh Finds (Cover artist) + Best of 2021
– Apple Music (The New Australia, Spin on Briggs show)
– Apple Music Feature on ‘First’ playlist
– Named as part of the BIGSOUND 50 in 2020
– One of five indigenous artists to watch in 2021 by Triple J.
– Queensland Music Award – Winner of Regional with ‘Intentions’ her collab with JDG
– Upload to Cloudkid ‘Take the Crown’
– Emerging Artist + First Nation TikTok